The Shindzela Hide Sleep Out Experience
There is an opportunity to book a Sleep Out experience at the Shindzela Hide. The hide is built overlooking the Main Dam at Shindzela. This is a “back to basics”, adventurous experience, and ideal for those who are dedicated nature enthusiasts.
Guests who have booked a night at the Sleep Out Hide will return to Shindzela camp after the normal afternoon and night safari game drive and have dinner in the dining room. After dinner, depart with our guide on a short night drive to the dam, and settle in at the Hide.
The Hide is covered in thatch (traditional grass roof), and has a wooden interior deck. It has a 1.2 metre wooden wall railing along all sides. The Hide can accommodate a maximum of 4 guests (plus your armed Ranger who will accompany you and stay with you at the Hide overnight). It is furnished with 3/4 beds, with linen and each person has a mosquito net. (Please note you may share the Hide with other like-minded guests, unless you have booked exclusive use)
Spend the night at the Hide, simply soaking up the magic of the African night – look out for game coming to drink at the dam, marvel at the stars and listen to the calls of wild animals. The Hide does have a spotlight for night time game viewing, and your guide will be with you at all times. The Landrover Game Viewer vehicle is also stationed at the hide overnight.
The next morning, pack up and depart by Landrover to camp where you will have tea / coffee and biscuits, before joining other guests on the normal morning game drive.
- Cost: R2, 200.00 for exclusive use or R 500.00 per person sharing per night (please note that when paying the rate of R 500.00 you might have to share the hide with other like minded guests also wanting to partake in this optional activity). Maximum 4 guests. Please advise our reservations office if you would like to pre book this Sleep Out, or alternatively you can decide in camp and speak to our camp manager (this will then be subject to availability)
- The Sleep Out is offered as an optional, additional activity at Shindzela, and is not included in your nightly safari rate. You will still need to book and pay for your tent in camp, as per normal booking procedures. Should we need to relocate you back to camp during the night for any reason, your camp accommodation is still available to you. Similarly, you can also leave all your belongings in camp in your tent, and return to your camp accommodation for a morning shower.
- Whether you pre book the Sleep Out, or book it on arrival in camp, please pay for this activity in cash or credit card in camp:
- We would also prefer you to pay directly at the camp (even if the Sleep Out is Pre Booked), – if we had to cancel the activity for any reason (bad weather, damage to the Hide by animals or similar reasons) we do not have to process refunds for pre paid Sleep Out bookings.
- What to bring for the Sleep Out: torch, camera and video, insect repellent, warm clothes and a sense of adventure!